With the recession periods and different employment blows, CNAs have come into more demand. It is one job that never loses importance, regardless of the financial stability of the country. Additionally, the costs of CNA classes are also very affordable and much less compared to other nursing courses. The popularity of CNA is thus evident in all the 50 states. CNA courses are generally offered at nursing homes, vocational schools, private schools, and community colleges. However, the course requirements vary from state to state.
In Kansas, if you want to be a CNA you will need to complete a 90 hours state certified course, and then pass a CNA certification program. But usually the courses are of more than 90 hours as 90 hours is regarded insufficient. Additionally, Kansas is a cheaper state with growing health needs. So, it is a good decision to start a CNA career in Kansas. All the licensing and stuff in Kansas is done by Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
A lot of options are available in Wichita, from night classes to online classes. But when you search for classes, don’t forget to search for one that is state- approved, because if not your training will be regarded useless despite how much effort you put into it.
In Wichita, vocational colleges will only cost you from 400$ to 800$. The good news is that most of the colleges may either offer you scholarships or grants, or they may also offer you free classes but in return you will have to volunteer for the college for some months. State funds are also available for those with low income.
CNA Classes in Wichita KS: 3 State Approved CNA Training Programs!
Provided that you have a compassionate heart, with a caring nature, then the job title of a Certified Nursing Assistant would perfectly suit upon your head. Now, if you believe that you do have these traits, then its time you get enlightened about the quality CNA classes in Wichita KS. As a side note, let me also inform you that upholding the CNA job profession in Wichita can yield you a prospective career with decent salary earnings of over $30000 per annum.
Brief Introduction to the 3 State Approved CNA Training Classes in Wichita Kansas:–
1. Mid Western College:–
Dedicated solely to the recruitment of nursing assistants, the Mid Western College is a Wichita-based reputed educational institution, which offers high quality CNA education, not to mention that it also provides HHA and CMA education.
Why Should You Apply for Mid Western College’s CNA Program?
Since the Mid Western College’s CNA program has gained the accreditation from the Kansas Department of Health & Environment, the graduates of this program would be gladly welcomed to sit for the state CNA certification exam.
In order to accommodate the job-holding CNA wannabes, the Mid Western College has made the provision of running not only weekdays CNA classes but also weekend based CNA classes.
The weekdays (i.e. from Monday to Friday) CNA program track generally starts from 8 am in the morning and ends at 2:45 pm whereas the weekend (i.e. Sunday & Saturday) CNA program track has the time schedule of 8 am to 5pm.
Right after the completion of the instructive lecture classes, the students would then get to attend supervised clinical internship.
The Mid Western College’s CNA program is basically designed to prepare the students for jobs in the Long term patient care settings.
- Location:–7607 East Harry St, Wichita KS-67207
- Phone No.:–316-684-5122
- Online Address:–www.midwesterncollege.org
2. Bethel House Training Institute
One of the most reputed Wichita based CNA school goes on with the name of Bethel House Training Institute, whose nurse aide training programs are designed in accordance to the CNA licensing requirements stated by Kansas State Department of Health & Department.
Why Should You Apply for Bethel Institute’s CNA Program?
Enrollment in the Bethel Institute’s CNA program means committing yourself to 90 hours long nursing coursework, upon the completion of which you would be able to sit in your state’s licensing exam.
Aside from the usual day time CNA classes, the Bethel Institute also launches an evening CNA training program and a weekend based CNA program.
Bethel’s fulltime day CNA classes, which start from 9 am to 3:30 pm each weekday, easily have the shortest schooling period i.e. just about 17 days whereas the evening CNA classes last for 20 days, with the time schedule being 4pm-10pm (for classroom training days) and 3:30 pm to 9 pm (for clinical days).
On the other hand, the weekend based CNA program requires the applicants to attend classes from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm every Saturday and Sunday for 6 weeks.
Recommended CNA Schools!
Sorry, we could not find any matching schools
This state-approved CNA program comes with the price tag of just a mere $750. Mind you, this price would cover the fees for TB skin test, textbook, state testing and classroom & clinical tuition.
- Location:–3825 E. Harry, Wichita, KS-67218
- Phone No.:–316-771-7315
- Online Address:–www.bethelhousetraining.com
3. Wichita Area Technical College
As a resident of the Wichita region, you must surely have heard the name of Wichita Area Technical College. If not, then from now on you will since this reputed technical college also has the provision of running a state approved CNA training program.
Why Should You Apply for Wichita A. T. College’s CNA Program?
Wichita College’s CNA program, having been graced with the accreditation from the Kansas Department of Health & Environment, would grant its graduated students the eligibility or, rather say, the ticket to sit for the state CNA licensing exam.
CNA wannabes, who desire to finish their CNA training as fast as possible, would better apply for the 5 weeks long day time CNA classes. And, the job holding CNA applicants should rather go for the evening CNA program track, which has a 3 months long schooling period.
By the end of this 5 credits long CNA program, the graduated students would find themselves competent at upholding the entry level jobs in the nursing homes.
This state approved CNA program, which comprises of didactic lecture classes, lab practices and clinical internship, comes with the general price tag of about $682 (mind you, there might be other additional fees).
- Location:–4004 N. Webb Road, Wichita, KS-67226
- Phone No.:–316-677-9400
- Online Address:–www.watc.edu
CNA certification in Wichita
In order to obtain a CNA license, one needs to take a CNA certification exam. In Kansas, the exam contains 100 multiple choice questions (MCQs). The pass marks are 70 out of 100. In one year one is allowed to take only three attempts. If one fails in all the three attempts then one will need to take a new CNA course. Then, one can again try for the CNA certification exam in the following year. But one will need to renew the certification every two years to enlist one’s name as an active CNA in the Kansas State Registry.
List of some of the places in Wichita that offers CNA classes
1. Homestead Health Center, 2133 S Elizabeth St Wichita, KS 67213, ph:(316) 262-44732
2. Midwestern College, 7607 East Harry Street Wichita, KS 67207, ph:(316) 684-5122 Website: http://www.midwesterncollege.org/page3.html
3. Riverside Village, 777 N McLean Blvd Wichita, KS 67203, ph: (316)-942-7000: This has often been described as an “excellent” choice.
4. We Care Online, Wichita, KS 67203, ph: (888) 932-2501: This is one of the cheapest options available with a $20 application fee. To fill out an application visit: http://www.wecareonlineclasses.com/enrollment%20forms/enrollment%20pack%20hha%20081810.pdf.
5. Wichita Area Technical College, 4004 N. Webb Road Wichita, KS 67226, ph: (316)-677-9400: These classes will cost about $682 and they do not offer financial aid. For more information visit http://watc.edu/healthcare/degree-certificate-programs/certified-nurse-aide-coc/.
6. Butler County Community College, 901 South Haverhill Road El Dorado, KS 67042, ph:(316) 733-9731: This place is not in Wichita though not far from Wichita. The class lasts for 104 hours and there is an additional $20 required to take the state exam. For more information visit their website: http://www.butlercc.edu/allied_health/cna_main.cfm.
7. Cowley County Community College, 125 South 2nd Street Arkansas City, KS 67005, ph:
(620) 442-0430: This is another college that is fairly close to Wichita. They will cost around $90. For more information and for the application visit their website: http://www.cowley.edu/departments/allied/programs/cna_cma.html.
8. Hutchinson Community College, 1300 North Plum Street Hutchinson, KS 67501, ph 620) 665-3500: This is a community college close to Wichita. In-seat classes will cost about $550 and online classes will cost $590. For more information visit their website: http://cms.hutchcc.edu/hcc/home.aspx?menu_id=82&head_id=1120&id=11702.
9. Bethel House Training Institute, 3825 East Harry Street Wichita, KS 67218, ph:
(316) 771-7315: It offers a 90 hours course.
10. Prescott Country View Nursing Home, 301 E. Miller St Prescott, KS 66767, ph: (913)471-4315: It is located in the surroundings of Wichita.
A good class doesn’t satisfy it all. The most important thing is what you make out of the class. So, whatever class it is, make sure you study well and give your best. Nonetheless, after the training you will have a lot of job opportunities. So, best of luck for your future!