Who is a Certified Nursing Assistant?
A certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is a qualified and trained heath care professionals who work under the supervision of Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or senior nurses and assist sick and handicapped person with health care facilities. Certified Nursing assistant are simply known as CNA, Nurse Aid, medical assistants or simply patient care assistant. You can also find several online medical assistant programs, Certified Nursing assistant online classes and nursing courses.
Role of CNA
Your role as a Nursing Assistant varies depending upon the state in which you live. Certified Nursing Assistant can work in various work areas such as hospitals, Medicare, physician’s clinic, orthopedics, home aids, old age home and many more. A CNA work as a communicator between a registered nurse and patients. Being a Certified Medical Assistant, you can proudly say “we are the front line health care executive and we serve as eye and ear of our supervisors in any health care institution.
In general following are the roles played by Certified Nursing Assistant
• They spend major time with patents providing moral and emotional support.
• They help patients in many of their daily activities such as showering them, giving them medicines, maintaining their hygiene, cleaning their clothes, brushing their teeth, eating foods and others.
• They also perform vital signs such as monitoring blood pressure, pulse, glucose level, giving them injections, evaluating every individual condition and narrating these conditions to their supervisors.
Recommended CNA Schools!
Sorry, we could not find any matching schools
Certified Nursing Assistant Training
In order to become a CNA you have to go through CNA classes and training for at least 6 months. These 6 months are the standard requirements but if you wish to get some higher training for higher certification you will have to undergo through some more years of training.
1. Online Certified Nursing Assistant Training
There are many ways in which you can be certified as a CNA. The most popular one is through online CNA classes and online training. None can overemphasize the benefits of online medical assistant programs. Online CNA classes are formulated in giving a better, cheaper, economic, timely, quality and flexible teaching schedules in the best possible ways.
2. Red Cross CNA Training
For most of the people willing to get education through classrooms RED CROSS CNA TRAINING programs are also available.
3. In-Class CNA training
You can also get your Certified Nursing Assistant Training and complete your courses through community CNA schools, accredited universities, colleges, hospitals, vocational trade schools and other health related institutions.
4. Free CNA training
If you are lucky enough you can get free CNA training with the aid of government, INGO’s or various institutions. Just meet all your credentials and requirements and fill up for any one of such free programs.
Time frame required to get online certified nurse assistant degree
Typically, the time frame is as follows:
• Online Certified Nursing Assistant Certification Programs – 6 months to 1 year
• Online Certified Nursing Assistant Associates Degree – 2 years
• Online Certified Nursing Assistant Bachelor Degree – 4 years
• Online Certified Nursing Assistant Masters – 2 years
• Online Certified Nursing Assistant PhD – 2 to 5 years
Certified Nursing Assistant Salary
According to Bureau of statics, the average earning of a Certified Nursing Assistant is about $25,000 per year. This is just the beginning and it goes higher with higher knowledge, experience, time and hard work.
After passing the exams you will be registered in the state registry. Now you can apply for jobs as a Certified Nursing Assistant in spite of which age, sex, race, culture, community, gender, color you belong to.