Introduction to CNA
CNA is the acronym for Certified Nursing Assistant. A CNA or medical helpers are front line health care experts who work in assistants with a registered nurse or a Licensed practical nurse in improving the health status of a medically ill person. The health care industry is growing to a very large scale nowadays. In this world of economic crisis where finding a right medical career has become a headache, CNA classes are hereby to act as a refresher for you.
Features of a CNA Career
Every career has certain advantages because of which candidates follow. This career option stands out of the row because of the following features:
- Short Training Programs: CNA training programs are comparatively shorter than other programs for becoming a nursing professional. The standard learning hours set by the state authorities are 75 hours at minimum and a wide range of school, colleges and universities offer training programs ranging from 6 to 12 weeks. Additionally, some colleges also offer much shorter and intensive training course, fulfilling the state requirements.
- Easier Classes: Since CNAs are the foundation nursing members of medical nursing team, the course designed to become a nursing assistant is not vast. The course covers the basics of human anatomy and physiology, basic nursing and medical skills and other basic human skills that are required to execute the work roles. In addition to that, availability of classes running in the evenings, weekends or holidays and distance learning as online classes has made the training programs really easy to pursue. However, students need to work hard to obtain good grades.
- Easy Jobs: There has always been a shortage for qualified CNAs in our country. The demand is increasing day by day. Thus, qualified nursing assistants need not worry for jobs as many vacant positions in hospitals, nursing homes and other healthcare facilities are waiting to be filled.
- Career Advancement Opportunities: CNA career has many career advancement opportunities. As soon as the nursing assistant accumulate some years of experience. Nursing assistants sign up with programs like licensed practical nurses training programs, BSN or other higher degrees according on the basis of the knowledge and experience accumulated. Thus, this career is taken as the entry point to the nursing profession.
In addition to these excellent features, the pay scale for nursing assistants is also very respectable. They enjoy a good amount of salary depending upon their employers and subjected to earn more on the basis of their experiences. To sum up my words, it will be a rewarding decision for you to choose career as a CNA if you want entering into the nursing field.
Become a CNA with accredited classes
Did you like the career overview? If your question is yes, you might be thinking of how to become a certified nursing assistant. I will definitely give you all the details how you can become one, but prior to becoming a CNA what you need to do is, attend CNA classes.
Cost Analysis for CNA Classes
The total amount of financial investment for CNA classes ranges anywhere between few hundred dollars to a thousand dollars. You can find cheaper programs as well. Furthermore, you can also find classes running at no cost. Some of the philanthropic organizations like American Red Cross and some hospitals and nursing homes run free classes on certified nursing assistant programs. Additionally, with the classes asking you to pay money, there always remains possibility of getting financial supports, scholarships, grants and many more.
The payment mode depends upon the program you choose. Some may ask you to pay the whole amount in lump-sum while others are flexible with their payment mode making easier for you to pay in installments. If you choose to pursue your CNA training with online courses, they offer you flexible mode of payment using fortnightly, monthly or bi-monthly installments. In addition to that, you are free to choose the payment mode according to your safety and convenience.
Thus, becoming a CNA is not that difficult but you need to have strong determination towards your career. If you analyze the pay scale, you will certainly end up with investing a month to few for getting back the total investment. Now, only thing that lags behind is your one step forward. Best of luck!
Structure of my Class
CNA classes are no longer different than your regular classes, you go to a campus or a university, sit in your classroom, your professors will give you lectures on different skills you will be needing to handling the job, you will be given theory assignments and practical hand on trainings.
Here you will learn topics on
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Basic health care methods
- General science
- First aid techniques
- Techniques for ambulatory
- Developing skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Disease and control
- Medical terminology
- Nursing ethics
Getting my own CNA class
- Finding an accredited CNA class is now so simple with getcnaclasses.
- Down below this paragraph you will find list of all accredited colleges that are offering CNA programs.
- What you have to do is just make your choice and choose a school.
- Enter your postal address and email.
- Don’t forget to enter all the requirements that are asked there otherwise we will be unable to find the best school that is suitable for you.
- And you are all set to start your CNA class.
Qualifications I must possess to get enroll into CNA classes
Yes, there are some qualifications you have to meet in order to become an assistant. Some of the vital ones are
- Your age limit should be 18 years or above.
- You should complete your high school degree or GED.
- You should be fluent in English speaking, excellent in English reading and writing.
- You should possess no any past history of criminal records and police offences.
- A medical certificate illustrating proof of TV vaccination is also needed.
- You are a ordinary cowboy in this field without a great degree of self confidence and motivations. You have to develop these skills within yourself.
CNA classes time fame:
Well, this varies from state to state and from college to college. This also varies from how regular you take your classes and how much time and dedication you can offer.
Recommended CNA Schools!
Sorry, we could not find any matching schools
Normally CNA classes vary from 1 month to 3 months depending upon your capacity and your state requirements.
Typically, the time frame is as follows:
• Online Certified Nursing Assistant Certification Programs – 6 months to 1 year
• Online Certified Nursing Assistant Associates Degree – 2 years
• Online Certified Nursing Assistant Bachelor Degree – 4 years
• Online Certified Nursing Assistant Masters – 2 years
• Online Certified Nursing Assistant PhD – 2 to 5 years
Online CNA classes
If you can’t leave your job, in the meanwhile, also wants to purse CNA education, online CNA course is the best possible option. This is the reason the online course for becoming a certified nursing assistant is increasing in its popularity. The flexible time schooling and adjustable learning hours from home are also other reasons behind its popularity. The number of online institution in the field is growing day by day with more students enrolling themselves in such classes.
Advantages of top online CNA classes
- Where you live do not matter, taking CNA Online classes will provide you can easy interaction with your professor through emails and chatting.
- Trainings can be taken at your flexible time frame.
- You can manage all your chores accordingly and you won’t have to give up one for the other.
- These classes are affordable and accessible to many of the local people.
- Your age does not matter to take Online CNA classes.
To participate within a CNA classes online, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must be eighteen or above at the time of beginning of the class. The age criterion is also necessary for anyone to sit in written exams.
- You should be free from any kinds of felonies prior to the certification exams and may have to present supporting documents.
- Internet access is must for every student to ensure the proper access to the information and course materials that are to be presented through the course of the online classes. Failing to have proper internet access is somewhat next to impossible for attending online courses.
- You are expected to be fluent in both in speaking and understanding English with good writing skills.
Fulfilling credit for clinical training sessions:
It is mandatory for you to be available to complete the sixteen hours of training in a local hospital or any other health care institution. It is good if you can obtain information and research about such facilities for completing the training.
Fulfilling credit for theory hours:
Generally, seventy five hours of class learning time are included in the program with two types of schedules. You can either adhere to the specific schedules of the course meeting deadlines for assignments or choose open-ended class schedules that allow students to complete the program at their convenience fitting into their daily schedules.
What are the parameters you ought to search in for free on line CNA courses?
With the increasing demand of online CNA classes, most of the students tend to enroll in classes without considering if that training institution is genuine enough or not. You must make sure that the institution you are enrolling in is accredited to a recognized licensed college. If it is not then the hard work you spent on learning will be of no value. Before you enroll into any certification programs, always take your time to choose for an accredited institution.
There are two ways to judge the certificate of any institution.
1. The institution must pass the inspection test and fulfill the standards of the local authorities.
2. The students should be satisfies from the trainings they receive.
Please help: I need some detailed information on how to become a CNA?
- Meet the qualification for CNA classes
- Take a course
- A drug test and background check is essential
- Apply for CNA certification Test
- Get your CNA license in your state
- Apply for CNA jobs
- Start working as a CNA in a health care field.
The CNA certificate is a proof of what you are capable of and the trainings and education you have received. These certificates build your image among the patients, doctors, your supervisors for who you work. These certification programs have a highly positive impact on the practitioners of this profession. Their knowledge and skills increase their confidence in terms of their practice. And the certification programs have helped to advance the practice in home and community healthcare. It makes great nurses excel in the profession.
Roles and Responsibilities of a CNA
A CNA is an important member of any health care group and has duties essential to the group as well as the patient. You are given the responsibility of taking care of someone’s and making a significant difference in their lives. Your responsibilities are very basic, but you need a lot of effort and dedication to rise up to the expectations of the people you take care of. The most important factor you need to have is the feel of caring for others. Most of your works include monitoring someone’s vitals and diet, giving a diabetic patient a shot or assisting a patient with a task as simple as combing their hair, and getting in and out of bed. Your heartfelt commitment to helping and healing others is an invaluable and essential element you need to have as a certified nursing assistant.
Certified Nursing Assistant Salary
The average earning of a Certified Nursing Assistant is about $25,000 per year which increases with higher knowledge, experience, time and hard work.
Scope of CNA
The largely growing aging population and skyrocketing healthcare costs itself shows the demand of nurses today. This is one of the most demanded jobs and one of the best careers too, as you don’t have to put much effort into becoming one. The amount you get for the job is also high compare to the effort you put into it. It does not mean becoming a CNA is easy, this job requires a lot of dedication and concentration. So, if you want to pursue this career and can give your one hundred percent then you sure would want to get enrolled in one of the CNA classes.
If you want to start a career being a Certified Nursing Assistant then getting admitted to CNA classes is the first mandatory step. It makes you qualified and confident to enter into any level of CNA profession after completion of your study. Make sure that after you finish your courses sit into exams for CNA certification to look forward for a substantial and long term career in allied health care field.
Time duration for CNA classes
Most institution held training programs for around 6 months. But the duration of your course differ from state to state. But once you have completed your classes, either online or offline, make sure that you sit for examination procedures. Yes, you can complete your CNA classes online but certification test cannot be completed through on line.
The time duration of examination is divided into two parts, theory and practical. In theory section you will be tested on your theoretical knowledge acquired during your study period. And during your practical test you will be tested on your practical knowledge and skills acquired during your clinical trials and practical sessions. The Certification test also differs with state. Like there are different approaches for CNA training in Indiana or pattern of CNA classes in Michigan differ from that in Chicago. So make sure you get admitted to CNA classes in the same state you choose to give your certification test.
What is taught during your CNA classes?
During your CNA classes you will be taught on aspects of patient care, such as keeping and maintaining their progress reports, how to act as a communicator between doctors and patients, monitoring their vital body signs, giving them injections, and skills on interacting with patients.
Other subject matter includes
Giving injection to patients, maintaining the hygiene of patients, giving them medicines, collecting their blood sample, washing their clothes and supporting a patient both emotionally and practically.
Courses taught during your CNA classes
The courses offered are
• Anatomy and physiology
• Basic science
• Health and population education
• Infection control
• Basic medical terminology
• Nursing skills
• Nursing ethics
• Patient care and safety
• Information regarding maintenance of equipments and many more
Where to take best Online CNA classes?
It doesn’t matter if you are a busy bee and want to continue both your study and job side by side. Many of them are focused on students benefit and the schedules are managed in such ways that are comfortable for busy students. And if you can’t take your classes regularly or if you are intended to take your classes at home you can easily go for online studies.
Online CNA classes are cheap and cozy. If you are lucky enough you can also find them for free. Online classes that provide some virtual lab videos are somewhat little expensive.
• You can utilize your spare time and continue your job at the same time
• If you live far from your school you don’t have to manage extra time for that
• ONLINE classes are relatively cheaper and equally effective
• You can go through your lectures at your convenient time
• They are effective if you have lost your license and documents which can act as a refresher course then.
• You can ask your queries through emails and chatting. Interesting, right?
• You can’t have direct contact with teachers and classrooms.
• You can’t rely on all online programs. You have to be very careful in choosing such online programs. Many of them can be a fraud.
• Online CNA classes can’t rely cover the wholesome aspects of real training and experiences. So it is recommended that you join some vocational training courses before you apply for test.
To read more about Advantages and Disadvantages of Online CNA Classes Click here.
CNA classes are a great decision if you want a successful career in terms of both salary and self satisfaction. Grab the best opportunity. Afterwards what is better than a highly rewarding career?
Hello Everyone. I am Antonio Fannin. I am myself a Nurse. So all the things i have written in this website is totally from my dew experiences. Here is something that i would love to share with you all.
Read here about my experiences on first day as a CNA.